Thursday, September 19, 2013

Naru (not so cheap) Sushi

I had a crazy craving for sushi this week. It really doesn't happen to me often but when it does, I go as quickly as possible. This time, I went to Naru Sushi on Osborne with my two brunette babes, Riel and Chelsea. After writing and doing school work all day, we decided that we deserved a huge treat.


I had only been to Naru once many years ago back when I didn't eat fish. I would order something silly like yam tempura and rice. All I remembered about it was that the large windows that looked over Osborne were absolutely perfect for people watching. It is located at 150 Osborne RIGHT across from Osborne Village Cafe, where I went last week. The location is perfect and the comfy-casual atmosphere is perfect for business meetings, first dates, dinner with parents, or just catching up with friends.

It is a two floor restaurant with an open kitchen at the top of the stairs looking down on all of us. It was packed when we came in and packed when we left. The colour scheme was dark red, purple, and blue

We were absolutely starving when we arrived and just about ordered everything on the menu. Thank god we didn't...I was stuffed when I left.

Sushi Pizza
 We started with Spicy Sushi Pizza as an appetizer. I have tried this before at other sushi places, but never as good as here--(SPOILER ALERT: it was the best part of the experience for sure). I wouldn't suggest if you are sensitive to spice, it has a kick!

Riel and Chelsea, both pescetarians, also shared the tofu salad to start. Not my kind of thing.

For a main course, I ordered a Dynamite Roll and shared the Shrek Roll with Riel.

Both rolls were OK, but nothing special whatsoever.


Shrek Roll (top) and Dynamite Roll

Riel ordered the Yam Tempura Roll, and Chelsea ordered both the Naru House Roll and Unagi.

After stuffing our faces without taking a second to breath, all of us agreed that the top items were the Sushi Pizza and the House Roll.

We had good service and really did enjoy our time eating there but all-in-all I know that I will be able to find a much better Sushi place for cheaper.

My bill came to $16 excluding tip. It is much pricier than I like to spend and I wouldn't suggest heading there for a cheap deal.

I did see on the table a sign that said 8.75 lunch special. Maybe I came at the wrong time of day.



I would suggest coming here to eat if you just got paid and are looking for a nice time in a great atmosphere overlooking Osborne. But, if you are looking for a student deal (as we all are) I would scratch out Naru and head somewhere else.

Until next time,

AM










































No comments:

Post a Comment